Wednesday, August 10, 2011

YOG Blog Intro

Welcome to Ry's YOG blog! YOG blog is "your own guide" to experiencing all that the city of Baltimore has to offer. I am your hostess, Ry Perkins, and I will be writing descriptive and informative reviews on places in the Baltimore area - this will include restaurants, bars, music venues, shops, festivals, etc. 

Although I have lived in Baltimore for 3 years, I think that the city MUST have more to offer than what I have personally experienced so far. I have been skeptical about this city during my stay here, and have also heard others report a bad review of Baltimore. Along this journey, I will attempt to disprove this bad rep for myself and for others. Despite negative thoughts about this city, I have heard of unique gems existing in the area, and I'd like to try and find them, then talk about them with you so that more people can have an adventurous experience in Charm City. 

My goal is to experience 2 new places a week and to provide you with my personal thoughts on the ambiance and atmosphere, idiosyncrasies, and overall successes of the places I visit. I am in the Baltimore area for the short-term only, and want to make the best of my remaining time here. Although I have already experienced some places in Baltimore, I will attempt to approach all places as if it is my first time and will do my best to remove my biases as much as possible. I will try to provide pictures when appropriate, as photography has become one of my hobbies on the side too :-)

I hope this blog will be helpful to people who currently live in Baltimore, want to live in Baltimore, or who are just passing through for a visit! Please feel free to contribute to my thoughts in order to further help people conceptualize the places under review.


The journey begins tonight! 


-Ry





No comments:

Post a Comment