Monday, August 29, 2011

Place #5: M&T Bank Stadium - Baltimore Ravens Game!


M&T Stadium - Downtown, Baltimore
Ravens vs Redskins - Preseason Game 8/25/2011




So, I'm going to say "Go, you will. Try you must" right off the bat. 
If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity, you should definitely check out a Raven's game at the M&T Stadium! But - I highly recommend scoring free tickets to the 4th row behind the 40yd line OR closer if you can! I also recommend that you make a new friend - one that has club level seats with his/her company at the stadium :-) That's how I rolled at the pre-season game against the Redskins. And I don't even really like football!!! This blog is really helping me score some pretty ligit free things ;-) 
The resale for our tickets to this game were $125/piece (which I think is ludicrous, but for football fanatics, I guess that's reasonable...? I really have no idea). However, if you're unable to land sick seats, I've heard the experience even from the higher seats can still be fun! It's more about going with your peeps and routing for your team!

The game experience is entertaining - the people watching aspect was definitely my favorite. You get to see the best of Baltimore at these games... and I do mean the worst. I was surprised that our sweet seats still resulted in a close circumference of Balti-morons. I'm pretty sure 93% of people at this game were Nascar fans too... (sorry if you're into Nascar - no hard feelings).

Close up of the Ravens boyz


This Redskin's fan above actually won a bet with a Raven's fan. He bet $1 that his Redskins would get another touchdown. And when they did - he blessed us with his tacky and ridiculous dance skillz. Thanks a hoot dude. You are so cool, not to mention an awesome role model for our young ones, and country. Everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame at a Ravens game apparently.




The Baltimore Ravens' Raven was cool. But I didn't like that his wings were clipped so that he couldn't fly away :-( Nice bird though.

A miniature Balti-moron/purple haired brat
The children of die-hard Ravens fans are also interesting characters. Loud and obnoxious. I get the purple-hair thing.... Or wait - actually I don't... Cuz it's dumb.



Black and Purple, Black and Purple!
The crowd
Club Seat Level View!


Club Seats!

If you get the awesome experience of experiencing club level seating, there is often catered food - which at this particular game, it was catered by Ruth Chris' steak house (apparently this is a pretty posh caterer in the Baltimore area). There is obviously a bar in the club where you can get beers and mixed drinks as well. If you don't get the opportunity to have the club seat experience, there are always food vendors and bars within the stadium of course. Nachos, dogs, french fries, and beer a plenty...




We also lucked out to experience an incredibly climactic game. We beat the Redskins in the remaining minutes of the last quarter. That added to the excitement of the whole experience... The final score was Redskins 31, Ravens 34!

GO RAVENS!
(Disclaimer: I really don't care who wins)

Yay - we won :-)
(Now accepting free tickets to any other games!)


Please spread the word about Ry's YOG Blog in order to help others experience Baltimore for all its charm. Become a follower!



No comments:

Post a Comment